Thursday, July 3, 2014

Generic $1 Military Figure!

Shame, shame, shame. How In the world can I segue from  "80's action figure icon ,Panthro", to a horrible looking piece of one dollar plastic? Easily. You see, this is what 5 Points And Proud Is all about. One day you'll see greatness and the next  some generic action figure that fits the 5 points of articulation or less, profile. The truth is, this generic military figure has very little reason to feel proud . In fact it wasn't the figure ,but the riot gear accessories that drew me in for a closer look, while skimming the Dollar Tree toy aisle with my daughter yesterday. Check out the megaphone and the battering ram, two accessories that are rarely seen packaged with modern day Joe figures. And while the swiveling cannon is not exactly a "HAL" laser, It's still pretty cool looking. The riot shield is amazing and would be  perfect for a custom Super Trooper figure. So yeah, technically this is a blog about action figures, but today the accessories get all the glory, and here are my 5 points to prove it!
  • 1 f#$^*!# dollar!
  • 1 f#$^*!# dollar!
  • 1 f#$^*!# dollar!
  • Awesome accessories!
  • 1 f#$^*!# dollar!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


13 comments:

  1. Those accessories have some great customization possibilities. How tall is the figure?

    I've seen a couple of other bloggers review these kinds of low-end figures lately, and I'm surprised by how much potential some of these sets have (at first I was surprised just by the fact that they even came with accessories!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a sucker for anything military themed, so naturally I am drawn to sets like this. The figure is slightly smaller than 3 3/4 and has sort of a Chap Mei feel to it, only not as well made. In fact its an insult to Chap Mei to even compare this figure to anything they make but It's the closest thing I could think of lol.

      Delete
  2. I love Dollar tree toys! I was able to build an entire G1 transformers Devastator bootleg for only 3 bucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I'm always sucked into their toy aisles, but every time I leave the store I feel like attending a "Dollar Tree Anonymous" meeting to confess my secret addiction to dollar toys.

      Delete
  3. The extras are great! The figure not so much but hey for a buck how can you go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I can't wait to put a Joe behind that cannon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love dollar store slumming, there are cool toys out there, even if they're somewhat awful too. The cannon is quite cool here. Some of the Chap Mei stuff is cheap, but has great detail, superior to the sculpt on this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah,if most of the Chap Mei stuff wasn't miles away at TRU I would have definitely snagged some up.They really look like fun
    figures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know you are a true toy collector when you buy an action figure because the accessories are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's some piece of plastic machinery ;)

    ReplyDelete