Tuesday, April 14, 2015

McDonald's Premiums-Muppet Babies (1987)

I love 5.Points.and.Proud! because It allows me to change gears and take a little break from the world of hyper articulated figures.It's a place to unwind and take In the beauty of  a simpler kind of figure,without having to worry about a pose-able finger or swivel toes.As you already know ,this site Is dedicated to figures with 5 points of articulation or less,but all must be worthy!And when It came to McDonald's premiums,none were more worthy than the Muppet Babies!Not only did you get a figure ,but you also got an awesome vehicle/accessory that could be used by most of the other characters that were available.As much as I acted like I was too cool for Muppet Babies as a kid,the force was strong with them.The lure was unavoidable and on more than one occasion I found myself pulling off Skateboard tricks with Kermit and driving off ramps with Fozzie!Unfortunately Gonzo eluded me and I was only able to round up Kermit,Fozzie and Miss Piggy,but all are equally awesome!Why should you hop online right now and get yourselves a set?


  • For a vintage item from a popular franchise,the set can be had for a relatively low price on Ebay 
  • Instantly go back in time every time you look at these guys on display
  • Your girlfriend will like them,too!
  • Accessories like skateboards and mini cars feature rolling wheels and foot pegs for interchangeability! 
  • Everybody loves the Muppets!


















11 comments:

  1. Originally I only had Gonzo and Fozzie but later was able to get the rest. I was like 15 when these came out and always got funny looks from the people at Mcdonalds when I ask them to show me what toy the currently had available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were and still are pretty awesome Brother. I remember sneaking peaks behind the counter at Mcd's to see who they where offering that week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lived vicariously through my little sister for these - she had them all. Gonzo was definitely the best of the bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and i both Eric.Although this is as close to being a bronie as im gonna get.Did somebody say Care Bears?uh-oh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! Some of these old Happy Meal toys were really solid, weren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Especially these guys,J.They are really high quality and durable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your pictures and the authentic and original way you have put your story across - you're an inspiration and I am following your journey - awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am truly flattered,daniel san.Wax on,wax off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah you got hit by the add bot as well, I wish there was a way to block these spam bots.

      Delete